Is Custom Right for you?
A custom home is a dream for many and while the end result is incredibly fulfilling the process requires time, dedication, patience, vision and passion.
Here are some considerations to help determine if building a custom home is right for you:
- Time. Plan on spending at least a year, yes 12 months or more, on the project for visioning, planning, and building.
- Knowledge. Do you have a strong understanding of your and your family’s needs.
- Vision. Do you have a well-defined vision of your future home.
- Passion. Are you passionate about your home? Is this a project that you care about and prioritize?
- Budget. Is your budget aligned with your vision? If there is a mismatch this can be a very frustrating experience.
- Decision making. Can you make and stick with your decisions based on your knowledge, vision, and budget? Changes cost time and money.
The benefits of a custom home create great fulfillment; here are a few of them:
- Your way all the way. Whatever makes sense for you and your family can be achieved and customized.
- Budget flexibility. You decide what areas and materials you are going to splurge/save on based on your preferences.
- Low maintenance. New homes require much less maintenance then older homes saving time and money.
- Energy efficiency. New homes are built to a higher energy efficiency standard then older homes resulting in lower operating costs and benefits to the environment.
- One-of-a-kind. Your home will be unique like you and suited to your tastes and choices.
- Return on investment. The value of a custom home is significantly higher and results in higher profits on resale.
If you desire these benefits and have the time, vision, patience and dedication then custom is likely a great fit for you. Our two new home designs are starting points to the possibilities for custom home designs. View and imagine the home of your dreams.