A Place for Everything and Everything in its Place
The adage “You can never have too much storage space” is particularly true when it comes to building your new home. A well designed home will provide ample storage that is smart and well-proportioned within the home. The storage space should not take away from the living space but allow the living space to fulfill its purpose in your lifestyle, efficiently and enjoyably. For me that means no clutter! For others it may mean organized clutter! Whether you are a collector, artist, athlete, cook, or hobbyist there are a multitude of ways to create great storage for all your things.
Our Two-Storey and Bungalow-Loft plans offer ample storage in the following ways:
- Three car garage tandem style or oversized garage space
- Mud room with built-in cabinetry and option for bench storage
- Walk-in pantry
- Kitchen islands
- 9’ ceilings offer taller cabinetry and more shelving in closets
- Servery providing additional storage space relieving dining and kitchen cabinets
- Walk-in closets with built-in cabinetry including space for islands to maximize use of the space
- Optional window seats with storage space
- Linen storage in bathrooms, bedrooms and laundry rooms
Other options that can be considered when building your new home include:
- Recessed cabinets using the space between the walls and the studs providing deeper drawers and cupboards.
- Under the stair storage with pull out drawers or cupboards.
- Attic storage with retractable steps and lighting.
- Cold cellars under each patio or porch.
- Walk-in hall closet
- Printer and filing closet
- Media storage
Inventive cabinetry solutions include:
- Spice drawers
- Tray racks
- Towel racks
- Deep Drawers
- Cutlery and utensil drawers
- Garbage and recycling pull-outs
- Corner pull-outs
- Appliance garages
- Laundry rods
- Built-in drying racks
- Built-in ironing boards
- Fixed and movable dividers
- Wine and beverage racks
- Hide-away shelves
Inventive solutions for closets include:
- Adjustable shelving
- Shoe shelves
- Jewelry drawers
- Belt, Tie, Scarf and valet rods
- Divided drawers
The potential is endless and solutions for every need can be found. The trick is identifying the need during the design stage so your custom home suits you perfectly and has the perfect place for all your belongings.